Explore The Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh & Famous Tourist Places in himachal pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh Tour
- Best Tourist places in Himachal Pradesh to visit
- 1. Kullu-Manali: one of the famous tourist places in Himachal Pradesh
- 2. Shimla (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
- 3. Dharamshala (Holiday destinations in himachal pradesh)
- 4. Mandi (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
- 5. Kangra (Landmarks in Himachal Pradesh)
- 6. Dalhousie (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
- 7. Chail
- 9. Spiti Valley (Landmarks in Himachal Pradesh)
- Best Foods to eat in Himachal Pradesh
- How To Reach Himachal Pradesh
Himachal Pradesh Tour
Himachal Pradesh is also known as the dev bhumi of the land of gods. It provides water to both Ganges and Indus basins. Himachal Pradesh is home to various mountain towns, and it’s a hill State that covers the western Himalayas. This state is surrounded by Uttaranchal, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, and Uttar Pradesh. It is also known as the “Apple State” due to the production of Apples. Tourists are attracted by Ancient temples, amazing lakes, and high mountains. It is a famous honeymoon destination. This article discusses the Tourist places in himachal pradesh.
Best Tourist places in Himachal Pradesh to visit
1. Kullu-Manali: one of the famous tourist places in Himachal Pradesh
Manali and Kullu are two different towns, but because of their proximity, they are referred to as Kullu-Manali. The distance between Kullu and Manali is around 40kms by road. Both the cities are covered with the Deodar Trees. Kullu is situated at an altitude of 1230 meters. In Manali, you can do adventures and sports like River Rafting, Trekking, and Mountaineering. These two towns are Famous Places in Himachal Pradesh to visit.
Famous Places in Kullu Manali
- Rohtang pass
- Solang valley
- Hadimba temple
- Vashisht hot water springs
- Tibetan monasteries
- Beas river
- Great Himalayan national park
- Bhrigu lake trek
2. Shimla (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
Shimla is the capital of Himachal Pradesh. It was the summer capital of British India and the largest city in Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is situated at an altitude of 2200 meters above sea level. Visit this place and enjoy the ride on Toy Train. The city is also one of the top places in Himachal Pradesh to visit. The city is famous for its pleasant hiking experience in hills surrounded by pine and oak forests. This capital of Himachal Pradesh is famous for The Mall, Ridge, and Toy Train. Lined with colonial buildings, the city has ancient relics that give it a unique look.
Tourists places in Shimla
- The Shimla ridge
- Jakhoo hill
- Mall road: one of the famous tourist places in Shimla
- Kalka Shimla railway
- Summer hill
- Chail: it’s a hill station located at a distance of 45 km from the city
3. Dharamshala (Holiday destinations in himachal pradesh)
Dharamshala is a city in Himachal Pradesh, and there is the district headquarters of Kangra district. Dharamsala is situated 18 kilometers away from Kangra. You will see many good resorts in this city. Here you will see Tibetan and Buddhism cultures. The snow-capped Mountains in this city attract tourists. Located in the West Himachal region, Dharamshala is a popular name for Buddhist tours to the state as it is home to the Dalai Lama and all Tibetans in exile. It is a renowned center for the study of Buddhism, its scriptures, tantras, and important texts related to it. It’s one of best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Tourist Places in Dharamshala
- Tsuglagkhangh complex: one of the famous tourist places in dharmshala
- Namgyal monastery
- McLeod Ganj
- Kareri lake
- Dal lake
- Naddi village
- Dhauladhar range
4. Mandi (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
There are many places to visit in the mandi and around the mandi. Mandi is one of the historical places in Himachal Pradesh. It is located on the banks of the Beas River. This city is named after Rishi Mandava because he meditated here. Mandi (formerly known as Mandav Nagar and also known as Sahor) is a city and municipality in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh, India.
Tourist Places in mandi
- Parashar lake: it’s located at a distance of 40 km from mandi.
- Bhutnath temple
- Rewalsar lake: it’s located at a distance of 12 km from the mandi.
- Bhima kali temple
5. Kangra (Landmarks in Himachal Pradesh)
Kangra is the old name Nagarkot. The Katoch Rajput rulers ruled over the area. If you visit this place, you will witness the history of 3500 years back. You will see many Ancient Forts in this city. You will witness the Rajput and Mughal styles of architecture in the Forts of this city.Kangra is proud to be home to the Katok dynasty, one of the world’s oldest surviving dynasties. Kangra, which spans the western region of the state, is by far the largest region in Himachal Pradesh. It’s one of best places in Himachal Pradesh to visit.
Tourist Places in Kangra
- Kangra fort: one of the famous tourist places in Kangra
- Baijnath temple: it’s located at a distance of 38 km from the city.
- Brajeshwari temple
- Dhauladhar range: It’s located at a distance of 17 km from the city
- Jwala Devi temple: it’s located at a distance of 25 km from the city
- Masrur: It’s located at a distance of 13 km from the city.
- Pong dam: it’s located at a distance of 25 km from the city. The reservoir behind the dam is known as Maharana Pratap Sagar.
- Palampur: it’s located at a distance of 23 km from the city. Palampur is a hill station in Himachal Pradesh.
6. Dalhousie (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
Dalhousie is a hill station and a town named after Lord Dalhousie. Foreigner tourists like this city and many foreign couples choose it as their honeymoon destination. Visit this city and see fringed Mountains and Pine clad valleys.Why Dalhousie is Famous Dalhousie Hill Station, named after Lord Dalhousie, is famous for its pristine and serene Dhaulada Mountains. It’s also famous for its Victorian architecture, colonial charm, scenic landscapes and adventurous activities.
Tourist places in Dalhousie
- Kalatop wildlife reserve
- Dainkund peak: one of the famous tourist places in Dalhousie
- Ganji Pahari
- Chamera lake
- Subhash baoli
- Sach pass
Tourists visit this place in summer and winter, and most tourists avoid visiting this city during monsoons due to heavy rainfall. Chail is a quiet Hill Station surrounded by Pine and Deodar Forests. Known for its healthy beauty and pristine forests. Chail Palace is known for its architecture. The palace was built during the British Indian Empire by the Maharaja of Patiala as a summer residence on land allotted to him by the British to support the Anglo-Nepalese War Tibba in Chail is a small but charming temple It is located in a peaceful setting surrounded by hills and Kali is the main deity of the temple. It’s one of best honeymoon places in himachal pradesh.
Tourists Places in Chail to explore
Chail Palace Hotel
Kali ka Tibba
Chail Wildlife Sanctuary
Himalayan National Park
Gaura and Jhajjar
8. Kaza (Tourist places in himachal pradesh)
Kaza is the Subsivisional headquarters of Spiti valley in the Lahaul and Spiti districts of Himachal Pradesh. Kaza is divided into two parts – Old Kaza and New Kaza. In this city, you will see the Spiti River, Ancient Palace, Temples, and Barren Landscape. Kaza is known for its colorful festivals and Sakya Tangyud Monastery. Rudyard Kipling described the Lahore and Spiti regions as “a world within a world”. At about 11,980 feet above sea level, that’s exactly what it is.
Tourist places in Kaza
- Kibber village: it’s located at a distance of 17 km from Kaza town. It’s one of the famous tourist places in Kaza.
- Ki monastery: it’s located at a distance of 7 km from the town.
9. Spiti Valley (Landmarks in Himachal Pradesh)
Here you will see wonderful and highest monasteries. It is one of the famous trekking destinations for trekkers. Tourists visit this place with their family and friends and collect wonderful memories. Spiti Valley is famous for its natural beauty and cultural heritage. Tabo Monastery is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Spiti. The Spiti monastery is known for its spectacular murals, ancient temples, and several stupas.
Tourists Places in Spiti Valley to visit
Wonderful Places in Himachal Pradesh for tourists to explore while traveling
Best Foods to eat in Himachal Pradesh
Vegetables of Lotus Stem
How To Reach Himachal Pradesh
Bhuntar Airport, Kullu Airport, and Gaggal Airport, these Airports in Himachal Pradesh are connected to major cities, and from the Airport, you have to take a taxi or cab to reach your destination.
There is only one major Railway Station in this state: Kalka Railway Station. You must book a taxi or cab from this station to reach your destination.
This State is well connected to the major cities by the National Highways. You can take government and private buses or your means of transportation to reach Himachal Pradesh.