Places in pune to visit
It’s the second largest city of Indian state Maharashtra . Pune was the seat of Marathas . Savitribai Phule had opened first Indian girls’school in the city of pune . Aurangzeb had changed its name to muhiyabad during his rule , but the city got its earlier name immediately after the death of Aurangzeb . Pune is around 150km away from the mumbai,the capital of Indian state Maharashtra . The city gets separated from the Arabian sea due to Sahyadri mountain range .
Pune tour places :
1. Lal mahal : it’s one of famous places in pune to visit . Lal Mahal was built by Chhatrapati Shivaji’s father shahaji bhosle .
2. Khadakwasla Dam : The dam is the source of freshwater for pune . Khadakwasla Dam is 21 kms away from the centre of the city . The dam is built on Mutha river , it’s also one of beautiful near places in pune to visit .
3. Shivneri Fort : In 2021, Shivneri Fort has been listed as tentative UNESCO World Heritage site . The fort was the birth place of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj . Shivneri Fort is located near the junnar in the district of pune,Maharashtra .
4. Shanivarwada : it was built in 1732 . Shanivarwada was the seat of Peshwas of Maratha Empire .
5. Aaga Khan palace : The palace was built by Aga Khan . it’s a historical place , During the Indian freedom struggle , the palace served as the prison for the Gandhiji and his wife also . Aga Khan palace is also famous as great location for the photography .
6. Sinhagad : Sinhagad Fort is around 35 kms away from the pune . It’s a fortress built in the hill areas . Most famous Battle of Sinhagad was fought here in 1670 .
The two places are Twin hill stations , located in the district of pune . Lonavala and khandala are located in the Sahyadri ranges . During monsoon season , many tourists visit this amazing hill area in great numbers . Lonavala is around 64 kms away from the pune .
Places of attractions in Lonavala-khandala :
- Karla caves
- Bhaja caves
- Lohagad Fort
8. Dagdusheth Halwai temple : The temple was built by Maratha trader , dagdusheth . Dagdusheth temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesh . It’s one of famous temples in Maharashtra .
9. Vetal Hill : The hill is highest point in City limits of Pune . Vetal Hill is one of best places in pune to visit along with family . In marathi ,The hill is known as vetal tekdi . Lush green trees attract the visitors daily in great numbers .
10. Parvati hill : The hilllock is located in the city of Pune . It’s a historical place . There’s a old Parvati temple, located on the top of the hill . The Hill’s elevation goes to 640 metre above the sea level . Parvati hill is second Highest point in the pune after the vetal Hill .
11. Pune-okayama friendship garden : it’s one of largest gardens of Pune . The garden is sprawled in 10 acres .
12. Shinde chhatri : it’s a memorial, dedicated to Maratha commander Mahadji Shinde . Shinde chhatri is one of famous & beautiful places in pune to visit .
13. Rajeev Gandhi zoological park : The zoo is also famous as katraj zoo . It’s located in katraj in the district of pune . The zoo contains several birds, mammals like Bengal tiger, white tiger etc .
14 . Mulshi lake and dam : Mulshi dam is located on the river Mula . It’s around 50 kms away from the Pune . The Dam and its nearby areas have been developed as tourist destination . Mulshi dam is one of beautiful places in pune to visit .
15 . Pataleshwar cave temple : The cave temple was carved out in Rashtrakuta period . The 8th century cave temple is dedicated to Lord shiva . Pataleshwar cave temple is an ancient site located in pune .
16. Andharban Trek : It’s a rare trek located in the Sahyadri mountain range . Andharban Trek starts from the pimpri Dam. This 13 kms long Trek is one of famous treks .
Near places in pune :
Harihar fort Trek : The trek starts from kotamwadi village , located in the district of Nashik . Harihar Fort is located in the district of Nashik .
Kune Falls :
it’s India’s 14th highest waterFall . Kune Falls is located in the midst of Lonavala-khandala valley .
Rajmachi Fort : it’s a historical Fort located in the Sahyadri mountain range . Rajmachi Fort contains two twin fortresses shrivardhan & manaranjan .
Junnar caves : Junar caves are located in the Junar city of Pune district . Shivneri Fort is located in the the vicinity of the caves .
Panshet Dam : The dam is situated on the Ambi river . Panshet Dam is around 50 kms away from the Pune .
Dhom Dam : It’s a earthfill dam located at the distance of 125 kms away from the Pune .
it’s 4-5 kms away from the malavli railway station . Visapur Fort is a hill fort located in the district of pune . Malavli is a hill station , located at the distance of 50 kms from pune .
Tikona Fort : The fort is located near kamshet . Tikona Fort is around 60 km away from pune . The Fort is located at the altitude of 3500 ft .
Korigad Fort : it’s a hill fort located at distance of 20 km from the Lonavala .
The Trip to Pune is full of beautiful attractions . The best time to visit Pune is from the month of October to February .