Places for visit in kolkata
About the City
Kolkata is the capital of the indian state West Bengal . Also,The city has historical and architectural importance ,it was India’s capital from 1773-1911 in British India . After Mumbai , it’s the Largest City of India . The port of kolkata is also the oldest operating port in India .
Places for visit in kolkata :
1. Victoria memorial : The construction of the large marble building was completed 1921 . It’s a museum . Victoria memorial is one of famous places for visit in kolkata .
2. Belur Math : it’s the headquarters of Ramkrishna math and Ramakrishna mission . Also,The Architecture of the building is mix of Hindu, islamic, Christian designs .
3. Science City Kolkata : it’s the Largest science centre of India . Science City was opened in 1997 .
Entry fee : 60 rupees per person
Timing : 9 am to 8pm
4. Dakshineswar Temple : The temple is dedicated to Goddess Kali . It’s also one of famous places for visit in kolkata
5. Indian Museum : it’s the Largest and oldest museum of India . It has collections of Antiques , mummies, Armour etc . The museum was founded by Asiatic society of Bengal .
6. Howrah Bridge : The Bridge is famous all over the India . It links Two cities , Howrah and kolkata . The Bridge was renamed as Rabindra setu but it’s still famous as Howrah bridge .
7. Nicco Park : it’s a amusement park . The park provides its visitors Green environment . Nicco Park has various attractions like cable cars, Eiffel tower . Also, It has several rides like Toy train , paddle Boat etc
8. St. Paul’s cathedral : it’s a church , famous for its Gothic architecture . Also, It’s the Largest church in kolkata .
9. Fort William kolkata : The fort was built in British Era . It’s one of famous places to visit in kolkata . Now , it’s under the indian Army .
10. Prinsep Ghat : it was built in 1841, in the memory Anglo-Indian Scholar James prinsep . The place provides spectacular views of Hooghly river . Many people prefer to visit the place in evening .
These are the places to visit in kolkata . The city’s several buildings remind us of British Era .