Best places to visit in Nagpur
Nagpur is a large city, located in the state of Maharashtra . It’s one of fastest growing cities in India . Nagpur is also famous as tiger capital of India . The city is surrounded by several tiger reserves and national parks .
Places to visit in Nagpur :
1. Deeksha Bhoomi : it’s a sacred monument . Here ,in 1956 Dr. B.R Ambedkar embraced the budhism . Millions of people visit this sacred place every year . There’s a dhama chakra stupa that’s important for the Buddhists .
2. Ambazari Lake : it’s man-made lake created in 1876 . Ambazari Lake is also the largest lake of Nagpur . There are total 11 lakes in the city of Nagpur .
3. Futala Lake : The lake is located in the city of Nagpur . It’s one of best places to visit in Nagpur . Futala Lake is also best hangout site in the city . Many people visit this place in the evening for the sunset views .
4. Gorewada Lake : it’s a man-made lake , created in 1912 for supplying water to the city . Gorewada Lake is also a good hangout place .
6. Ramtek fort : Ramtek is a city , located in the Nagpur district of Maharashtra . There’s a temple named after Lord Rama . It’s believed that Lord Rama had rested here .
7. Raman science Centre : Raman science Centre and planetarium is one of best places to visit in Nagpur . The planetarium was started in 1997 .
9.30am to 6 pm, open on all days
8. Swaminarayan temple : The temple is one of famous temples in Nagpur .
9. Fun N food village : It’s an amusement park , located in the city . Fun N food village amusement park is opened from 10 am to 6pm . It’s also one of best places to visit in city with family .
10. Kasturchand park: The park is one of biggest meeting Places, located in the city . Kasturchand park is 1km away from the Central railway station .
11. Dragon palace : it’s a temple, well famous as lotus temple of the town . Dragon palace temple was built in 1999
12 zero mile marker : It’s a historical place . Zero mile stone in Nagpur was built by Britishers in the year of 1907 to measure distances . There are statues of four horses along with a pillar built with sandstones.
13. Sitabuldi Fort : it’s a historical Fort, built by a Gond king in 1702 . Sitabuldi Fort was the place of war of Sitabuldi, fought in 1817 . The Fort opens only on three public holidays that are 26 January,15 August, 1may .
14. Seminary Hill : it’s a major tourist attraction located in the city of Nagpur . Seminary Hill provides Mesmerizing and beautiful views of the entire City .
15. Gandhi Sagar Lake : it’s a man-made lake located in the city of Nagpur . The Lake is enclosed with stone walls . In night,The mercury lights, placed in the surrounding areas provide beautiful views of the Lake .
Nearby places to visit in Nagpur
The Lake is located in the Nagpur district near the Ramtek . Boating and watersports are available there . Khindsi Lake is perfect place to visit for family picnic . It’s one of biggest lakes of central India .
Ramtek is a city , located in the Nagpur district of Maharashtra . The distance between the Ramtek and Nagpur is around 50kms . Ramtek fort is one of best places to visit in Nagpur . There’s a temple named after Lord Rama . It’s believed that Lord Rama had rested here .